.

.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Fall, blogging, decisions...

Hello everyone!

I'm back from my travels and so very glad to be home.  I loved our trips, but coming home is the best.

Have had some challenges - allergies (I hate fall and winter allergies - definitely have them) - a computer that bit the dust - a sort of reading slump...you know how it is.

My computer did 'give up the ghost' in between our trips and I've been adjusting to a new normal in that regard.  I've always been a desktop person and now I have a laptop.  I am happy that that I can still use my big monitor and keyboard, but it's still an adjustment.  I lost some things, but not all.  I think I'm really just not a person who responds well to change.  It's that 'control' thing.

My reading has been sporadic.  I hate that too.  I always feel 'out of sync' when I'm not reading much.  However, trying to adjust.  And that brings up the blogging question.  Guys, I am really struggling with social media right now.  For a bunch of reasons.  I want to 'run away, run away' and find my reading 'mojo'.  Blogging seems too much work and I am so uninspired.  Litsy has been fun, but I'm thinking that it might be a little 'too much' for me right now.  A little frantic and 'too many things'.  Don't even get me talking about Facebook.  I do have an account, but I keep it personal and not connected to this blog at all.  It's for family mostly.

So, I am on a 'social media' break of a sort.  Or intend to be.  I am reading your blogs, but don't worry if I don't comment much.  I'm reading those in chunks - like once a week.  I'm going to put this blog to 'bed' until the end of this year and then reconsider.  I may continue in 2017.  I may not.  I know I've said that before, but there it is.  Again.  I promise if it I do close it down for good, I'll do a final post.

Nothing is wrong with me physically - so don't worry about that.  I'm going to leave you with some lovely fall pictures from my travels.  The first 3 are from New Mexico, which does have a bit of fall color.  Mostly not.  Lots of pine trees in the area we visit.  The last 3 are from Kerrville, TX.  Some late flowers, the pears from a prickly pear cactus, and a great saying from the walkway around the Kerrville Library.  I loved it.

Take care and have a great holiday season!!












21 comments:

  1. Lovely pics, Kay! Have a great holiday season too - I'm sure your reading mojo will be back soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break and hoping you'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to get wrapped up in all the things you think you "have" to do to blog, but we all know there's no right or wrong way. Enjoy your break! I'll send you all the good reading vibes I possibly can :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! We have very little Fall color here. Waahhh! I miss real seasons.

    Have a great break from all the things. I hope it helps you find happiness, peace, and focus in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, especially the third one with the red tree and yellow shrub. And, your header is stunning!

    I understand the reading (and blogging) slump. Enjoy your break and I'll be in touch via email.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never quit reading entirely, but I go through slumps with both books and blogging. I think everyone does. Lovely photos, Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kay, your pics are so lovely! I'm seriously thinking of ending blogging at the end of the year. It's just not fun anymore after 7+ years. Hope u get back to reading soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, Kay! I hope a break from blogging and social media restores your reading mojo. Also hope you have a wonderful holiday season, too, and I look forward to hearing from you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your pics, Kay. Re social media: I left FB a couple of years ago (so freeing), I have a LItsy acct but not much time to spend there, I see my friends and family on Instagram (and stop following if anyone gets political - I'm just there for the photos). In other words, I've simplified and that has made a huge difference. Whether you take a break or decide to stop blogging for good, do it for you and enjoy! Have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will email you with my thoughts and feelings, but I wanted to say how I love the Carlyle quote. I have two local libraries, but I just don't use them. I have all the books I want to read right on the shelves here at home. It is better than money in the bank for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pics, Kay! So beautiful and I'm sure you enjoyed your trip. Looking at these Fall pics makes me want to pack up my luggage and go visiting countries which has four seasons.

    Totally understand about the slump thing. I hope you have a wonderful time taking those breaks and enjoying the things you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kay! Nice to hear from you :)

    I understand how you feel about social media. I've been posting on my blog and that's it (Facebook for family, and GR now just used as a place to list my books--no friends on it anymore, so I don't have to read so many messages).

    Time is a precious thing, and the older we get the more we realize that. I love to read and would never stop reading at least one book a week, but I have slumps, and sometimes it's because I pick up a book that I think others will want to hear my thoughts on, rather the book that is really calling to me, and that's wrong.

    So... I may or may not keep blogging either. For now, I'm here. Let me say I enjoy your writing, and your choice of books so selfishly I'd like you to continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at that beautiful red tree! Love reading a post from you Kay and totally understanding the blogging slump. A friend of mine has been trying to get me to do Instagram, Pinterest, you name it. I sort of get excited about the idea but quickly it feels like overload. Just do what works for you and enjoy the Fall. Are you going to the Texas Book Festival by chance? It's next weekend - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading slumps are killers for blogging to begin with and all of the time it takes to keep up with all of the internet things just begin to feel like a job sometimes. Hope you're finding good things to keep yourself entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laptops can take some time to get used to but the portability of them make them so practical. I don't know many people who own a desktop at home anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww we'll miss you but you have to do what feels right for you. It would be no fun blogging if it isn't working out. Litsy is becoming overwhelming for me too. Hope you have a great rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful pictures, that is the one thing I enjoy about traveling to the US during the fall, all the beautiful colors.

    You are missed Kay but I'm glad you are fine. I love blogging but definitely see the social media as an issue, sigh If you continue to read please do a Top Ten at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your pics and am sorry for your allergies. I need someone to somehow cut off my Facebook connection. I belong to too many important groups on there that I have to log on, but then I get stuck there :(
    Don't know if it will help your slump, but I have Talking About Detective Fiction here that I'm planning on sending your way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your photos, Kay. So glad you enjoyed your time away. I trust you'll get back in the groove when the time is right, and will look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos, Kay! I'm glad you are back and that you enjoyed your time away. And oh, those allergies are a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Holidays Kay, enjoy. I wonder if you will do a top Ten list for 2016, I sure hope so. "See" you in 2017

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!