.

.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Closing it down...'and they all lived happily ever after'!

Hello everyone...I hope that everyone has had a nice summer.  Since today is the last day of the 'traditional' summer, I decided it would be a good day to post my future intentions.  First, may I say that I have had a great time getting to know everyone and sharing my love of books here on 'kay's reading life'.  As most of you know, this was not my first blog.  I finished one a few years ago and then deleted it entirely.  Then I missed it and began again.

This summer has been a good one for us.  We've traveled and enjoyed family and friends.  We've visited our favorite part of New Mexico - the Ruidoso area.  We've watched a nephew get married and marveled at how time has flown.

In early July, I decided that it was time for me to get serious about my health and weight.  I rejoined Weight Watchers and have been very happy doing so.  I have also gotten very, very serious about my quest to move more.  So much so that I'm finding my focus turning from books and sitting to activity.  This is long overdue in my life.  I am very, very pleased with my progress.  And I know my doctors will be pleased with it when they see what I've accomplished.  I have a lot more work to do, but I'm determined to make these changes in eating and movement permanent parts of my life.

I know that I could do 'book focus' and 'health focus'.  I know this intellectually.  However, at least for now, I seem to need to continue with my 'health focus'.  I'm still reading some, but I am listening to audio books all the time because I am up and doing.

So, I am going to say goodbye to 'kay's reading life'.  I'm going to leave it up (for a year or so at least), but don't plan to post again at this time.  If I should change my mind in the future, it will still be here for a time.  My blog reading has been sporadic and my commenting has been nil.  I suspect that will not change either.  You know, our lives go through stages and seasons.  Mine seems to be changing to a new season.

Much love to you all.  You've been great friends.  I wish you happiness, joy, and lots and lots of good reading.  God bless.  I plan to live 'happily ever after'!


20 comments:

  1. Will miss you, keep up the good work on the health front

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding that part of New Mexico to my list of places to visit.

    Enjoy life. WW is great. Moving more is great. Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best Kay. I've enjoyed my blog free summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a very happy and healthy new season, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and here's to your next great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I shall miss your lovely blog and book reviews, I applaud you for making this life change to better health! I thought I would have more time in retirement for blogging, but we are far more active than we were while working and blogging (particularly visiting blogs) has dropped by the wayside. I'm not ready to call it quits, but it's been on my mind. Be well, enjoy, and hopefully I'll see you on one of our trips through Texas. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Kay, I'll miss you! It was through you that I fine-tuned my mystery/suspense genre by branching out to new authors & series, picking up titles I would never have tried on my own. So thanks for all the great recommendations and reviews along the way!

    I wish you the best of health and fulfillment of your dreams, whatever they are in the future. I just don't like audio, or I could use that dangling carrot to move more, by listening to books. Well, maybe someday....

    Enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Kay,
    I will miss you...and I hardly even read any books of fiction!
    I also wish you the very best. Why don't you write a book yourself and THEN start a new blog and tell all your old blogging friends about it? Get out into the country on a book tour and all your friends will come to meet you. Doesn't that sound nice? LOVE to you from another KAY!

    P.S. I like to WALK as much as possible. Maybe see you on a trail one day? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are leaving it up. Maybe you will still feel the nudge to write about a book now and then. Or offer some exercise tips to those readers who really don't move much. Or post new recipes you are trying. Love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sniff, sniff. I'm sorry to see this Kay, but completely understand. We've only got one life and we need to bring as much joy and health into it as possible. Maybe, one day, blogging will again bring you pleasure. Don't be a stranger. I appreciate all of your kind words and gifts to Gage over the years. You've always got friends in Cleveland :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you are taking a big blogging break as I will miss you and your posts. I'm saying "break" because I think we will see you again. You have a lot to share with us and i think you'll bee back. Good luck with your new goals. They are admirable and important. Best of everything to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kay say it isn't so! I understand, it sounds like you have a lot of great stuff going on but you're posts will definitely be missed. I wish you all the best and I will keep a bit of hope that maybe you'll come back after a while! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kay, best wishes and hoping we'll hear from you again! I'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best of luck to you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kay - Best Wishes in the future. If you should post again - I will probably find you (lol). I feel we have similar goals. Please stop by my blog once in awhile - to keep in touch - Pat @ Posting For Now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sad to see you go, but I'm excited for your new journey. There's nothing more important than our health -- not even books! If you're on Connect, look me up: jensens1975. I haven't been on there in a little while, but I could definitely use some inspiration. Maybe I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our lives definitely go in stages and seasons. I haven't blogged or networked in awhile which is why I am just seeing this. Continue to enjoy the moments Kay and being a great blogging friend. Enjoy your wellness journey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blogging comes and goes,I think, in the pull it has on our life. My best to you in 2018!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!