.

.

Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day! Back soon...

 


Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!  Hope it is a day of love and good cheer and maybe a bit of chocolate, right?  We're going to a favorite restaurant tonight and are 'gifting' ourselves with something sweet - maybe cake or cobbler.  We don't do dessert much these days, but Valentine's Day deserves a treat.  As a 'blast from the past', we got engaged 42 years ago today - gotta celebrate that!  

I've been busy with a bunch of things and haven't gotten too many books read.  I'll try to get back around later in the week to update on reading, life, and book groups.  And maybe a picture of something from my walks if I find a suitable subject.  Still waiting for spring....take care!

16 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet engagement anniversary/memory! Hope your dessert treat was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day and Engagement Day! I hope you have a lovely night out on the town. We don't do dessert that often either, but I did buy some sweets for my sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy engagement day! And happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special day this is! Enjoy the celebration dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you, Kay! Spring is here already. I've been sitting here trying to read or blog and not watch the birds building a nest in the cactus outside the window. They tried it last year and a big wind swept through and blew the nest out into the street.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day - we celebrated on Saturday. You will find the perfect book to bring you back to good books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy engagement anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's/ engagement anniversary dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A special day! Glad you are keeping busy--even reading takes a backseat at times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Valentine's Day!

    We must have been married about the same amount of time. We had our 42nd anniversary in January. We still haven't celebrated because Glen was so close to have eye surgery at that time, but we will soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the kind comments! We had a nice dinner and we did have cake for dessert. I had caramel apple cake. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Valentine's Day! I hope it was a fun day for you and your sweetheart. Forty-two years together is amazing, especially these days. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated engagement day, Kay! I bought my favorite kind of chocolate for myself for Valentine's Day. Does that count? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. A cake or cobbler (I'm partial to cobbler myself - especially if it's peach) sounds like the perfect anniversary present. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!