Hello friends! Well, I know I said I was going to try to not take an 'official' summer break this year, but...we are still quite busy with family stuff and helping out the in-laws with moving, settling, getting their house ready to sell, etc. It does take a bit of time. I am also reading very, very, very slowly. I am reading though, so that's a good thing. And I attended 3 book groups this month and had things to share from my reading at each of them. Will hope for the same in July. Still trying to keep up with book group selections and also enjoy my 'comfort reads'.
It's been hot and humid here. Yes, it is summer and that is normal, but we have had a bunch of needed moisture and so, the humidity is up, up, up. Our lakes are full though and I think those that love boating, swimming, etc., are very happy. I think I said before that we have a vacation planned for the fall, so there is that to look forward to.
Hope each of you have a nice rest of June, July, and August. I may be back before September, but we shall see. Enjoy your books and count on my stopping by and commenting on your blogs. I will be keeping up with that. Take care and see you later!!!

I'm disappointed that you are taking a break this summer, but hopefully you will take good notes and catch us up on everything when you get a chance, Kay.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Deb. I think this will work best for me for at least a few weeks. I may be back before September. Hoping all the 'family tasks' will go smoothly enough and be done before fall. ;-)
DeleteI hope the family tasks are going smoothly and are (maybe?) winding up.
DeleteYes, think the family stuff is just about done for now. They are settling in and their house has sold and closed. Life's not perfect, but they are beginning to take part in more activities at their new place - a good thing. Thanks for asking! I'm thinking I may do an update in the next week or so and come back in August.
DeleteI'm looking forward to your return, Kay!
DeleteHave a wonderful summer and I will think of you...reading! Love and hugs to you. x
ReplyDeleteI appreciate it, Kay. Yes, think of me reading and then maybe I will be inclined to do more of it without being so distracted. That's been a problem for me lately. Hugs right back at you! See you soon!
DeleteI will keep you in my thoughts about the re-settling of your in-laws, good luck with everything. And I hope you post again whenever you feel like it. Enjoy your summer. & thanks for your thoughts on my blog & reads. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your good thoughts, Susan. It may not be the whole summer that I take the break. We'll see how things progress. I've just been so distracted and honestly, thinking about what to share here has been hard. And I love stopping by your blog and will continue to do so. :-)
DeleteIt's done nothing but rain for at least a month here so it actually isn't that hot (only in the 80s) but the humidity is ridiculous even for Alabama. Have a wonderful break and I look forward to seeing more of what books you pick up for comfort reading. You've inspired me to reread the Three Sisters trilogy from Nora Roberts.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words, Katherine! Have fun reading the Three Sisters Island trilogy. I did enjoy it again. We'll see what books jump into my hands....who knows? LOL
DeleteHave a great summer, Kay! Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteRight back at you, Angela! And thank you!
DeleteEnjoy your summer, Kay, and hopefully you'll find some reading time along the way. I need to look up the Nora series you and Katherine mentioned above!
ReplyDeleteMary @Bookfan
Thank you, Mary! Yes, you might see if you would like that Nora Roberts trilogy. Appreciate you coming by!
DeleteI'm glad you're going to take a little break in order to focus on all that you have going on this summer, but you will be missed! Take care. I'll be in touch. xoxo
ReplyDeleteThank you, Les. This too shall pass, but it's a bit complicated right now. They will eventually settle in (hopefully). Otherwise, just trying to tame my distraction issues - ha! Appreciate you so much!
DeleteEnjoy your summer break, Kay. Heatwave conditions here in the UK so I am 'so' looking forward to September. Like you, I'm still reading though, it's a good thing to do in a heatwave, requires no physical effort. LOL Take care, my friend.
ReplyDeleteCath, we've been hearing about the hot temps in your part of the world. Hope they mitigate before long. We're used to them, but we know that not everyone is. Enjoy your reading and please take care of yourself too, Cath. :-)
DeleteI don't stop by as often because work has been an absolute chore lately, but when I do stop by you are on break! LOL. I know what you mean about preparing a house for sale and such. We had to do that with my MIL when we moved her to assisted living but then she changed her mind and demanded to move back! That was fun.
ReplyDeleteI am reading really good books. Maybe not the numbers I usually do but quality all around.
Sorry about that, Ti! Ha! I suspected that you had been very busy with work. Thanks for coming by though. I may be back before the end of the summer. We will see. Yes, helping our senior relatives to relocate is a bit complicated. We're getting through it though. Glad your reading is going well, even if the numbers are not huge. Mine too. Talk to you soon.
DeleteEnjoy your summer break! I'm on a bit of a blogging break at the moment, too. And here in Utah the weather is hot, dry and on fire. Just praying for rain.
ReplyDeleteLark, hope you enjoy your vacation time and also your break from blogging. I know you guys need rain. That was us for the last couple of year, mostly. Anyway, thanks for coming by!
DeleteI can see how helping with moving and relocating your in-laws would be a lot of work. And it good for you to take a break when you need it. I hope to hear from you and that you come back when you are ready to. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tracy! Here's hoping you will be feeling better soon. Know you have been struggling a bit with some health things. Well, the in-laws in indeed moved in to the new place and their house is up for sale. They are settling in - slowly....slowly...ha! We feel like we can see the light at the end of this particular tunnel.
DeleteI wish we would get some moisture! I've heard that we're supposed to have a robust monsoon season this year. Fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your blogging break!
Thanks, Susan! Yes, not sure what fall/winter will look like, but the weather people are trying to 'predict' - ha!
DeleteJust stopping by to say hello and hope all is going well with your in-laws transition/move. I'm guessing with all the activity, you might not have the chance to get away to New Mexico this summer. Take care, Kay.
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming by, JoAnn. Yes, the in-laws transition is still happening. The house has been sold and that is good. Still a lot of adjusting to do for them. No, we will not be going to NM this summer. We will be having a vacation in the fall, hopefully. You take care too!
Delete