'Waiting on Wednesday' is an event where I feature an upcoming book that I am extra excited about. I used to do this in the past and am making it a priority to do again. Seriously, who among us doesn't have a book or two or twenty that we are excited about reading? Plus, it lets us 'spread the word' about authors and series that we personally enjoy.
The Lady Sherlock series is one that I have enjoyed from the very first book. This new one is the 9th and, again, I am definitely looking forward to reading it. I have met Sherry Thomas at an author event and really enjoyed hearing her speak about how she came to be a writer and how she decided to 'tweak' the Sherlock Holmes story a bit for her readers. Are you a Sherlock fan? Have you tried this series? It's recommended by me for sure!
by Sherry Thomas
Publication Date: September 29th
Charlotte Holmes—aka Sherlock Holmes—becomes entangled in a puzzling missing person case that hits close to home for her beloved Mrs. Watson in this Victorian-set mystery from the USA Today bestselling author of A Ruse of Shadows.
It’s been three years since Charlotte Holmes struck a decisive blow against Moriarty's operations in Britain, three years of relative calm and benign developments. In a buoyant mood, everyone gathers at Lord Ingram's seaside cottage in North Devon for what promises to be a perfect summer holiday. Until Mrs. Watson receives an invitation from Mrs. Carstairs, her long-estranged sister, to attend a house party nearby.
Mrs. Carstairs has married spectacularly well. She is the mistress of a great manor, a doyen of all domestic arts, and still an unforgettable beauty. Now she clamors for a reconciliation with her sister. Mrs. Watson does not trust Mrs. Carstairs's motives. Yet she cannot help but feel tremors of the old admiration for this once-beloved sister.
Then Mrs. Carstairs disappears without a trace. The next day a woman is discovered floating on the waves, her build and coloring matching those of Mrs. Carstairs. But her husband insists that the corpse fished out of the Bristol Channel cannot be his wife. So where is the real Mrs. Carstairs? Would she have purposely dragged Mrs. Watson into a murder investigation? Or was it Sherlock Holmes's involvement that she needed from the very beginning?


I'm excited about The Vanished Sister too! I've read most of the series and have really liked it.
ReplyDeleteGlad I'm not the only one excited, Katherine! This one hits me just right and it was fun hearing the author talk about her idea of 'tweaking' the story.
DeleteI am hoping for more time to read in my soon to be retirement and want to revisit the Lady Sherlock books.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good plan, Gayle!
DeleteOh, Lady Sherlock sounds delightful!
ReplyDeleteThis is a fun series, Deb. The author said at an event that she remembered the TV show where Dr. Watson was Joan Watson (played by Lucy Liu) and she though 'why can't Sherlock and Watson be women'. So, she wrote the story from that viewpoint. I think it's fun.
DeleteFunny how the TV show inspired her writing!
DeleteI agree, but I guess it did. Ha!
DeleteLove this series. I wasn't aware there was another book so thanks for letting us know, Kay.
ReplyDeleteMary
My pleasure, Mary! Have a good weekend!
DeleteThis does sound good!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping so!
Delete