.

.

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Waiting On Wednesday - Walking On White


'Waiting on Wednesday' is an event where I feature an upcoming book that I am extra excited about.  I used to do this in the past and am making it a priority to do again.  Seriously, who among us doesn't have a book or two or twenty that we are excited about reading?  Plus, it lets us 'spread the word' about authors and series that we personally enjoy.

The next book I want to share is the 6th in a series featuring 'The Coroner's Daughter'.  I discovered this series last year and was able to attend a great event featuring Jennifer Dornbush at The Poisoned Pen Bookstore.  So much fun!  She was very interesting to listen to as she grew up the daughter of a medical examiner and she also has a degree in Forensic Science.  I've read all the previous books and am definitely looking forward to this new one.  Hope you might think about trying Jennifer's books!




by Jennifer Graeser Dornbush

Publication Date:  October 20th

When the body of a young mother surfaces in a quiet Michigan lake, Dr. Emily Hartford is called to the scene—and straight into a chilling mystery. With a missing baby, a sadistic killer on the loose, and her former fiancé suddenly back from the dead, Emily must dredge up more than just forensic clues. As she races to stop a brutal predator, the investigation forces her to confront old wounds, buried secrets, and the true cost of justice.

10 comments:

  1. I have this series on my TBR - probably because of you! This looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I think I talked about the series last fall maybe. Anyway, it's not took long yet so I'd love to hear what you think if you decide to try it.

      Delete
  2. Interesting the author has such a background in forensics ... she knows her stuff! I hope this one is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was really interesting to listen to at the event I attended and she did great with the questions put to her. I liked her books so, yes, I'm excited about this new one. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. This looks good. I’ll be looking out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mystica, thanks so much for coming by! Always nice to 'see' you. Hope you might be able to find some of her books.

      Delete
  4. The setting for this, a quiet lake in Michigan, really attracts me. We visited a lot of quiet lakes in NY state and it was always wonderful. I'll look this series up as I do enjoy forensic scientist based mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath, hope you can find this series. I liked it a lot and, as I shared, the author was quite interesting to listen to. Yes, the setting is lovely and I think that area is also where the author is from but she lives in Arizona now. Nice to 'see' you!

      Delete
  5. Those authors who have a scientific background do great when they write about death and murder, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!