.

.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday - Bone on Bone



I'm posting a 'soon to be released' book on Wednesdays.  These will always be books that I am particularly looking forward to.  I'll be linking up to 'Can't-Wait Wednesday' hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and plan to take part in this each week.

I've said before that I love the books in Julia Keller's Bell Elkins' mystery series.  Set in West Virginia, Bell is a unique and interesting protagonist, and this author, having been born and raised in WV, knows about the area and the troubles that appear.  I wasn't sure there was going to be a 7th book, but here it is!  This week I'm waiting on:




Publication Date:  August 21st

How far would you go for someone you love? Would you die? Would you kill? After a three-year prison sentence, Bell Elkins is back in Acker's Gap. And she finds herself in the white-hot center of a complicated and deadly case -- even as she comes to terms with one last, devastating secret of her own.

A prominent local family has fallen victim to the same sickness that infects the whole region: drug addiction. With mother against father, child against parent, and tensions that lead inexorably to tragedy, they are trapped in a grim, hopeless struggle with nowhere to turn.

Bell has lost her job as prosecutor -- but not her affection for her ragtag, hard-luck hometown. Teamed up with former Deputy Jake Oakes, who battles his own demons as he adjusts to life as a paraplegic, and aided by the new prosecutor, Rhonda Lovejoy, Bell tackles a case as poignant as it is perilous, as heartbreaking as it is challenging.

20 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like intense. I like it! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenea! I love when a favorite series has a new book.

      Delete
  2. This author and series are new to me. I'll have to give them a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, this is a great series. Julia Keller is a Pulitzer Prize winner and she really knows her area.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm thinking it will be, Kathy. I've liked all her books.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I love books set in Appalachia. (I'm from WNC, so Ron Rash is my go-to.) I ventured a little further afield for this week's Can't-Wait Wednesday: East Texas.
    https://hillbillyhighways.wordpress.com/2018/07/18/cant-wait-wednesday-bluebird-bluebird-by-attica-locke/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so you came to my area - Texas. I want to read Bluebird, Bluebird too.

      Delete
  5. Oh this sounds great! I'll have to check out this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series and BONE ON BONE is a great addition. I especially love the book's ending :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, you have definitely given me a push to read this one soonest, soonest. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Sounds pretty intense. I've not read this series but I'd like to eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Bitter River several years ago and liked it. I need to catch up Keller's books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking that this new one might be the last, but maybe not. We'll see.

      Delete
  9. I liked the Julia Keller I read, I think for one of our travel months in book club. This reminds me to put her on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed the whole series. I'm afraid this one might be the last, but they are all excellent.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a winning new book and series. Hadn't heard of this author before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, this series is really good and has a very vivid sense of setting. I highly recommend it.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!