Hi there! Hope everyone is doing well and not too hot in your region. We are quite warm here in Central Texas, but it is August after all. August means hot, humid, and repeat. Sometimes not quite as humid, but this year has been pretty sticky.
Just thought I would stop by for a very short post and share that I hope to be more regular with my updates now. We'll see. It has been a busy summer, but my in-laws have settled in pretty well to their new living situation and my mother-in-law especially has been trying out various activities that are available to them. Their house sold quickly once it was on the market and that was such a great thing. Time will tell how things go, but I'm hopeful that they are in a good place and that they will come to enjoy it as much as they can.
We have not travelled this summer as we have been busy with the 'moving' project, but we do have some plans for the fall. I'll be in and out, but will try to stop by and share a bit. September is always a busy month for family stuff - birthdays, etc. I'm planning to attend two book groups this week, one this afternoon, the Book Cafe, where everyone shares what they have been enjoying reading lately. I'll also attend my Mystery Book Group on Thursday evening. Will come back on Friday or this weekend and talk about those.
My reading has been good at times and tiresome at times. However, I have enjoyed a number of books and I'll try to share some of those as well. I've done pretty well keeping up with all your blogs and commenting and have enjoyed that a lot. I'll leave you with another chalk art picture, this one of a lovely buck. Enjoy!

Glad you're doing well and that your in-laws seem to have settled in to their new place. I hope it's a good move for them. It's been hot here in Utah this summer. And oh, the wildfires! I'll be glad for the cooler fall weather. :D
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree. Fall, please! Ha!
DeleteHey sounds good. Glad the move for your in-laws went well and their house sold quickly. Thumbs up, it worked out. I'll be curious to hear which books you liked this summer ... Enjoy your book groups.
ReplyDeleteI'll try to share a list soon about what I made it through. The book group yesterday was interesting, though almost everyone was reading books way different than my taste. Still, it's nice to hear their thoughts.
DeleteSounds like a busy but good summer! Hope you get some respite from the heat soon - being a pallid Scot, I can't take humid heat at all!
ReplyDeleteA 'pallid Scot' - ha! Yes, I can see how our heat is not normal for so many. That being said, I grew up in the days where most houses didn't have air conditioning nor the schools. There is that blessing now. Winter - yes, we don't do well with freezing stuff. :-)
DeleteIm glad that your in-laws are now settled and hope you get to have some fun in what’s left of summer.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your update, happy reading.
Thanks for stopping by, Shelleyrae! There will be fun, I'm sure.
DeleteHurray! I'm so glad to see an update from you, Kay, and to know that your in-laws are settling in and that you are reading. I look forward to hearing more soon.
ReplyDeleteDeb, I'll try to share more stuff before long. I enjoyed the book group I attended yesterday and another tomorrow evening will be fun. Thanks for your kind words!
DeleteIt always feels great for me to get back out in the world after a lull.
DeleteHi Kay, glad to see an update from you! It sounds like your in-laws are settling in and getting adjusted... that must be a relief for you and your husband. Great news that the house sold so quickly! It's definitely a seller's market in both CT and central NY right now... houses selling so fast and at prices higher than expected. With a nephew trying to buy in NY and another daughter looking here, I can see how tough it is for younger folks just getting started. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
ReplyDeleteYes, we were happy that the house went quickly. Much quicker than usual in their area, but I think the people who bought it found it just exactly what they wanted - yay! Hoping the settling continues and they will be happy enough in their new space. Thanks for the good wishes!
DeleteSorry it's so hot & humid for you guys. We're still very dry here with no rain in sight. It's been 20 days since we had rain, and it probably wasn't much. I'm glad your inlaws have settled in, and that their house sold quickly. We have homes in the neighborhood that have been on the market for a long time! I hope you have a fun trip planned for the fall. We're heading out next week for a short trip in the new van, then again in September with our camping buddies down toward Bandon. Take good care and thanks for your update!
ReplyDeleteHot and humid - pretty normal, though the rain stuff we had earlier in the summer took us out of the drought horror, but it left more humidity. Never perfect, right? Ha! Yes, it turned out the people who bought their home found it just what they wanted and we were very grateful for that. Hope you guys have a great trip in your new van and also with your friends!
DeleteSo glad your in-laws are settling in nicely! I wish my grandmother had gone into assisted living much earlier than she did as I think she really would have enjoyed the activities and field trips they offered. I hope they continue to enjoy their new place. I can understand why you haven't been traveling. All that moving is a big deal though you could always be a tourist in your own area if you start getting restless. My reading has been up and down this year as well. Sometimes I really love the book other times it's a trudge and there seems to be no in-between. So good to see you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words, Katherine! Yes, a busy summer, but your idea of being a tourist in our area is a good one. Well, does it count that my husband does that when he and his friends play golf everywhere? Ha!
DeleteI'm glad you've been able to read in addition to moving your inlaws and getting the house sold. I hope they continue to enjoy their new place. We've had ridiculous humidity so I spend a lot of time indoors and try to get a walk very early in the day. Nice to have fall travel to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteMary @Bookfan
Mary, yes, I do understand about the crazy humidity. Whew! I will admit that because of allergies and weather, I walk at our local rec center indoors. In the A/C - works better for me. Thanks for stopping by!!
DeleteKay, it is good to read one of your posts and catch up on what you have been doing.
ReplyDeleteOur summer has been hotter than usual and especially in the last few weeks. Heat always makes me tired and we do not have air conditioning. It has cooled down for a few days now. I wish it would last but August, September, and October are often hot in Santa Barbara.
Have a good time at your book groups. I like the sound of the book cafe. And that chalk painting is lovely.
Thanks for stopping by, Tracy! Sorry about the heat in your area and with no a/c, know it's not pleasant. I have another book group meeting this next week and though I decided not to read the book, I'm still planning to attend. Yes, the book cafe is interesting. Hope your next week is cooler!
DeleteGlad the move and house sale have been going smoothly! I hear ya on the ups and downs of reading!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Angela! We're pretty happy to be on the other side of all those challenges - well, mostly on the other side - ha!
DeleteIt's good to hear from you. I know what you mean about the Texas heat this year; I can't decide which is worse: higher temps and low humidity or lower temps with high humidity. Both are pretty bad this year. My reading lately is much like yours seems to be. Either I'm tearing right through a book, or I can barely get the pages turned. Doesn't seem to be much in the middle right now. Maybe it's the season for that.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely agree about the weather. Fall will come though and now they are talking about the El Nino thing being worse, etc. Geez! Just let us have a nice fall and winter, please! Ha! My reading is getting better. Hope yours as well. Thanks for coming by, Sam1
Delete