.

.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday - The Stranger Diaries



I'm posting a 'soon to be released' book on Wednesdays.  These will always be books that I am particularly looking forward to.  I'll be linking up to 'Can't-Wait Wednesday' hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and plan to take part in this each week.

The book I'm featuring this week is by an author that I've loved over the years.  Her Ruth Galloway mysteries are great favorites of mine.  She also has another series starring Max Mephisto, a magician, and Edgar Stephens, a detective inspector in 1950's England.  Of course, I'm talking about Elly Griffiths and this week's book is her first standalone (and it's already out in the UK).  I'm waiting on:




Publication Date:  March 5th

Clare Cassidy is no stranger to murder. A high school English teacher specializing in the Gothic writer R. M. Holland, she teaches a course on it every year. But when one of Clare’s colleagues and closest friends is found dead, with a line from R. M. Holland’s most famous story, “The Stranger,” left by her body, Clare is horrified to see her life collide with the storylines of her favorite literature.

To make matters worse, the police suspect the killer is someone Clare knows. Unsure whom to trust, she turns to her closest confidant, her diary, the only outlet she has for her darkest suspicions and fears about the case. Then one day she notices something odd. Writing that isn't hers, left on the page of an old diary:

Hallo Clare. You don’t know me. 

Clare becomes more certain than ever: “The Stranger” has come to terrifying life. But can the ending be rewritten in time?

28 comments:

  1. I have this one on my TBR, Kay! I agree that it sounds completely intriguing, and I hope we both love it!


    Jennifer Tar Heel Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's different for her, but she also has a new 'Ruth' book coming in the spring.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, a new one and a stand-alone too, I'm in! I love the Ruth Galloway series, read every single one. I haven't tried her other one, just doesn't sound like my kind of scenario. This is going right on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try the other series. It's good, but maybe not as good for me as Ruth and Nelson.

      Delete
  3. Ooh this does sound fun! I do hope you enjoy it! Sounds like you will. :) Here is my WOW Wednesday post. Jedi, you shall be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jedi - well, I'll have to come over see about that!

      Delete
  4. I have this one from NetGalley, just downloaded it this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great. I'm really liking some of the thrillers and mysteries I'm seeing lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to me that a lot of established crime series writers are trying the standalone book. Not a bad thing.

      Delete
  6. Oh creepy! I definitely need to read this one! I've read Elly Griffiths before and enjoyed her but this sounds super creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, something a little different. And a new 'Ruth' book in the spring.

      Delete
  7. I'm super excited about this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Elly Griffiths' mysteries. I'll have to look for this book at my library. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of us are fans of this author - which is a good thing!

      Delete
  9. Read this last weekend and loved it! Hope you enjoy it just as much... 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very glad to hear it, Yvonne! I'm definitely looking forward to reading it.

      Delete
  10. I love the literary tie-in to the murder, sounds very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Book Depository told me this is on its way to me, but I'd swear it's traveling via Turtle Train! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if it's by train it will take a while to traverse all that ocean - ha! Bet it will be there soon.

      Delete
  12. Ooooh, this one sounds creepy and suspenseful! I'm adding it to my list and will probably listen to it, as I have with the Ruth Galloway series. I just finished listening to A Room Full of Bones and will move on to the next in the series in another month or so. I don't like to read them back-to-back, but I'm also not sure I should alternate them with the Nikki Galena series (which is what I seem to be doing!). I have a feeling they may all blur together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, both are really good series, but I understand what you're saying. This would be a good fill-in book since it's a standalone.

      Delete
  13. I like the Ruth Galloway books also. Thanks for showing us this book by the same author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always delighted when she comes out with a new book - whatever it's about - ha!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!