.

.

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Spring, spring, spring...and a break...

 


I'm sharing another spring bloom picture here.  Taken, as usual, on my morning walk.  Seems that we're finally making our way into my favorite time of the year.  We need more rain because we are in a serious drought in Central Texas, but there has been plenty of wind.  And when we do have rain it only seems to come in little bits or with some serious storms that include tornadoes.  The Austin area has had several of those in the last few weeks.  Droughts bring such dry air though and the wind dries things even more.  Fire bans are everywhere, but fires will get started accidentally and the potential for damage is really scary.  One of our favorite vacation spots, Ruidoso, New Mexico, has had a wildfire going this week with a lot of damage and evacuations needed.  So horrible for that small community.  Please keep them in your prayers as they continue to battle the fire and then deal with the aftermath.

We've been busy here and I think I'm going to take an 'official' break from blogging for a few weeks.  I always like to let my friends here know that I'm fine and well, but will be taking a step away for a bit.  I hope to be back in a few weeks.  I always continue to read your blogs, but my commenting is often sparse.  Sorry about that.  Hope everyone is having a nice Easter weekend and I also hope that we all get some April showers that will turn to May flowers.  See you in a bit!  

8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter...and enjoy your blogging break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could send you some of our rain! I was watching the weather quite closely this past week (as we were traveling to TN) and my heart goes out to everyone who has been affected by all the tornadoes. The wildfires are super scary, too.

    Enjoy your break. You'll be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are headed for a drought here in California, and I am envious of all the rain I hear about in different parts of the country. I am so sorry to hear about Ruidoso, New Mexico and the fire. It has been a while since a wildfire has gotten close to us but we have had plenty of scares and just that level of tension is hard to deal with.

    Have a good break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter. Finally getting some wildflowers here "in the city". Will let you know how the May meeting goes - library or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter! Glad to hear you are doing well. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter! Hope you get some of that rain you need but also get plenty of beautiful days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely blogging break! I hope you get some rain soon. Droughts and wildfires can wreak such havoc on communities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Kay! I just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope you’re doing well and enjoying your break!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!