.

.

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

RIP XVI Wraps up...loved it!


Reader's Imbibing Peril #16 (aka RIP XVI) wraps up for 2021.  So happy that I took part in this annual reading event.  I read 23 books for this challenge in September and October.  You may see my list here on my original post.  Maybe some are asking if all the books I read in the last two months counted for RIP.  Yes, I think they did.  All were mysteries in some way.  Most of you know that crime novels make up the bulk of my reading.  

I know that many will be moving on to the Non-Fiction November Challenge.  Good luck to everyone who is participating in that one.  Me, I'm going to continue down my 'mystery-lover' path.  For now anyway.  Whatever works for each of us and keeps us content and happy with our reading journey.  Take care and I'll be back around soon to tell about what I've read, what I've seen, or share some pictures of my new hometown.  

16 comments:

  1. Wow, great job on RIP! It's really the perfect event for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed, Angela. I love it each year. I should probably just say I'm on a year-round RIP quest. LOL

      Delete
  2. Well done! 23 is almost half of what I've read all year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, it's over a third of what I've read this year. I'm usually over 100 by the end of October, but not this year. Maybe 2022 will be better in my reading stats. LOL

      Delete
  3. For some readers, RIP lasts all year long! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great job on RIP! I need to get it together enough to join in next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I didn't join officially. Just did the two blog posts and then mentioned it on others. You would have no problem with this quest. You read a lot of these books - mysteries of all kinds count.

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to hear what you read. Twenty-three is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, my list is on that original post. I was very pleased with 23. LOL

      Delete
  6. Oh Kay you did great! So glad you had fun with the reading challenge and can't wait to see more pictures from your new hometown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, thanks! And I'm planning on sharing other pictures of places I visit here as I do make those visits. There's a Nature Center and other museum type places. Just taking my time getting around to them. I may save the nature center until we hit the spring wildflowers. You and I both know those will be great.

      Delete
  7. Twenty three books, amazing! I agree, R.I.P. is year round for me too. But it is fun to do it for the lead up to October and I stretched myself and read some different things this year. I am glad you suggested I join in.

    I am doing Novella in November now, I have finished four books only only three are strictly novellas because they are fiction. They have a short non-fiction section I read one for that too. So far, two mysteries, one general fiction, and the non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did great! 23 books - amazing! I want to do RIP one of these years but with a reading slump this year, I couldn't make myself step out of my comfort zone. Maybe next time. There's always a next time right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!