.

.

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Waiting on Wednesday - The Black Loch

 


'Waiting on Wednesday' is an event where I feature an upcoming book that I am extra excited about.  I used to do this in the past and am making it a priority to do again.  Seriously, who among us doesn't have a book or two or twenty that we are excited about reading?  Plus, it lets us 'spread the word' about authors and series that we personally enjoy. 

The book I'm featuring this week is one that I am mega excited about.  It is the 4th book in a trilogy - yes, I said trilogy and 4th book - that I read several years ago and loved.  In fact, I've read the first three books more than once.  I was so surprised to find that Peter May, author of The Lewis Trilogy, is returning to the Isle of Lewis and to Fin Macleod.  Starting with The Blackhouse and continuing with The Lewis Man and then The Chessmen, we have visited the Outer Hebrides of Scotland and learned about Fin, a Detective Inspector, who grew up on the island.  I have shared my thoughts about each of the books on this blog.  Have you read any of this trilogy?  Do you enjoy mystery fiction set in wild and amazing places?  The new book will be published in September and so there is time to play 'catch-up'.  I can't wait because it has been 12 years since the last book was published.  I'm ready to return again...  





Publication Date:  September 12th  

THE RETURN OF FIN MACLEOD, PETER MAY'S MUCH-LOVED HERO OF THE INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLING LEWIS TRILOGY.

A MURDER

The body of eighteen-year-old TV personality Caitlin is found abandoned on a remote beach at the head of An Loch Dubh - the Black Loch - on the west coast of the Isle of Lewis. A swimmer and canoeist, it is inconceivable that she could have drowned.

A SECRET

Fin Macleod left the island ten years earlier to escape its memories. When he learns that his married son Fionnlagh had been having a clandestine affair with the dead girl and is suspected of her murder, he and Marsaili return to try and clear his name.

A RECKONING

But nothing is as it seems, and the truth of the murder lies in a past that Fin would rather forget, and a tragedy at the cages of a salmon farm on East Loch Roag, where the tense climax of the story finds its resolution.

The Black Loch takes us on a journey through family ties, hidden relationships and unforgiving landscapes, where suspense, violent revenge and revelation converge in the shadow of the Black Loch.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read this trilogy but it's awesome that the author has decided to revisit it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised and delighted about it, Angela. Now to wait until September. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. I think this sounds good, Kay. I'm going to look for it in audio.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, the audios of the first three books are very good. Can't remember the narrator's name, but he does a good job with the Scottish accent.

      Delete
  3. Thank for highlighting this one, Kay! I loved the Lewis Trilogy and hadn't spotted there was a fourth one due. Now on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought there might be one or two readers who would be happy about this new book. I remembered that I wasn't the only one who loved that trilogy. I came across the notice of the new book by accident and I might have squealed a little bit! LOL

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these, but my mom probably has. I'll be reading the last of Susan Hill's Simon Serrailler's books next month, so maybe I'll dive into this "trilogy." Thanks for the heads-up, Kay. Hope you're having a good spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les, your mother might have read the trilogy. It was quite popular a few years ago. Several bloggers were big fans, me included. The audiobooks are well done too. The narrator does a good job with the accent, etc. Good luck with finishing the Serrailler series. And, yes, we are having a good spring. I'm hoping to have a bluebonnet picture post next week. They are gorgeous right now.

      Delete
  5. I don't think I have any of his books on my TBR. I thought I did, but looking over my LibraryThing catalog, I don't see any. The Black Loch does sound like it will be good. I hope you enjoy it when you read it, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter May has written a couple of series and then done the Lewis trilogy and some standalones. I haven't read the series books. Keep meaning to. Anyway, I'm definitely on board for this one.

      Delete
  6. Oh this looks good! I haven't read anything by this author but I love the sound of this one. You are not good for my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing, Katherine. I don't think any of us are good for each other's TBR - that's the point, right? LOL

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!