.

.

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Waiting on Wednesday - A Ruse Of Shadows

 


'Waiting on Wednesday' is an event where I feature an upcoming book that I am extra excited about.  I used to do this in the past and am making it a priority to do again.  Seriously, who among us doesn't have a book or two or twenty that we are excited about reading?  Plus, it lets us 'spread the word' about authors and series that we personally enjoy.  

For this week's highlight, I was bit torn.  I have several I want to feature, but I'll get to all of them as the weeks pass.  Anyway, Sherry Thomas writes a series that is a favorite of mine - the Lady Sherlock books.  I have enjoyed all of these and this week's book is the 8th.  And, yes, I am currently caught up on the previous books and majorly looking forward to how the story of Charlotte Holmes (aka Lady Sherlock) and the other characters plays out.  Have you read any of these books?  You could try them before June.  The first book is A Study In Scarlet Women

 


A Ruse Of Shadows

by Sherry Thomas

Publication Date:  June 25th

Charlotte Holmes is accustomed to solving crimes, not being accused of them, but she finds herself in a dreadfully precarious position as the bestselling Lady Sherlock series continues.

Charlotte’s success on the RMS Provence has afforded her a certain measure of time and assurance. Taking advantage of that, she has been busy, plotting to prise the man her sister loves from Moriarty’s iron grip.

Disruption, however, comes from an unexpected quarter. Lord Bancroft Ashburton, disgraced and imprisoned as a result of Charlotte’s prior investigations, nevertheless manages to press Charlotte into service: Underwood, his most loyal henchman, is missing and Lord Bancroft wants Charlotte to find Underwood, dead or alive.

But then Lord Bancroft himself turns up dead and Charlotte, more than anyone else, meets the trifecta criteria of motive, means, and opportunity. Never mind rescuing anyone else, with the law breathing down her neck, can Charlotte save herself from prosecution for murder?

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like Charlotte's in a real pickle in this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. We'll see how it goes. Hoping the author isn't winding down the series, but who knows? LOL

      Delete
  2. Hey Kay! I have so many books that I am excited about too! I am the worst person to do book reports though, I just want to say "read this book". LOL. So happy to see your comment on my blog. Hope you are well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, thanks for stopping by! Yes, that's what I want to say to people too - read this book - ha!

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried this series, but it does sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, it's definitely a different take on the whole Sherlock stories, but I've really enjoyed the whole series.

      Delete
  4. I've read most of this series and really enjoyed it. I really need to read the ones I missed and add this one to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, happily this series is not too, too long at this point. This is #8 I believe.

      Delete
  5. I have not read this series ... but that dress on the cover is marvelous for Charlotte ... Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. As I mentioned above, it's a different take on Sherlock and Watson (there's a Mrs. Watson- ha!).

      Delete
  6. I love this series, and I'm not sure just where I am in it! Thanks for the reminder--Charlotte is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just checked and I still need to read book #7! Then I'll be ready for A Ruse of Shadows. That's two to look forward to reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad, Jenclair! Only one book and the new one doesn't come out until summer. You've got time to catch up. LOL

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!