.

.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday - Nothing Stays Buried



Waiting on Wednesday was a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Although Jill is no longer hosting this event, I am continuing to post one soon to be released title each Wednesday that I can't wait to read.

P. J. Tracy (Patricia and Traci Lambrecht) is a mother/daughter writing team that authors the Monkeewrench mystery series.  It's a series that I've loved over the years.  Sadly, Patricia passed away this last December, but Traci will be continuing the series on her own.  This week, I'm waiting for the 8th book in the series:




Publication Date:  August 1st

When Minneapolis homicide detectives Leo Magozzi and Gino Rolseth are called to a crime scene in a heavily wooded city park, everything about the setting is all too familiar. And when they discover a playing card on the victim's body, their worst fears are confirmed—there’s a serial killer operating in the city for the first time in years.

Across town, Grace MacBride and her unconventional partners at Monkeewrench Software find themselves at both personal and career crossroads. Weary of the darker side of their computer work for law enforcement, they agree to take on a private missing-persons case in a small farming community in southwestern Minnesota.

As the violence accelerates in Minneapolis, Magozzi and Gino soon realize their killer is planning to complete the deck, and they enlist Monkeewrench to help stop the rampage. As a baffling tangle of evidence accumulates, the cops and Monkeewrench make the unlikely connections among a farmer’s missing daughter, a serial killer, and a decades-old stabbing that brings them face-to-face with pure evil.

18 comments:

  1. Hmmm. As you know, I've been a big fan of this series from the very beginning, but wasn't impressed with The Sixth Idea. I'll wait to see what you have to say about the new installment in the series before I give it a try. So sad about Patricia's death. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know. I actually have an advance copy of it, so may read it before long. I've been trying to wait, but really, why? Yes, it was sad about Patricia. I think maybe she had cancer.

      Delete
  2. This one sounds like a great series...love the name Monkeewrench mysteries. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really good series, Laurel. The first book is called MONKEEWRENCH and I think you'd like it.

      Delete
  3. I've read and highly enjoyed all the books in this series! I was one of those that complained that the books were spaced so far apart... I didn't realize that one of them was ill. I'm sad to hear of her passing... but I will definitely be picking this one up. Thanks for informing us-- I lose track of series, but I want to be on the lookout for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not sure it was publicized much about her illness and I know I read what it was (cancer, I think). The last book was not as much of a favorite for many, myself included, but I found out that Patricia's father was involved in the atomic race and so there was some family history there. Seems like I read some of this on their website.

      Delete
  4. I love this series. I am glad this one is coming out so quickly after the last one did. I am hopeful that even though the mother in this author combo died, the series will continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I can learn, mostly from their website but also other articles, Traci intends to keep writing the books. Hope so.

      Delete
  5. This is a series I've been wanting to read but didn't realize it was a mother/daughter team. So sad about Patricia's death and hopefully the series will stay strong with just the daughter writing. This sounds really good and like something I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like this series, Katherine. The first books are especially good.

      Delete
  6. I feel really stupid now as I didn't realise this was a mother/daughter writing team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't think you need to feel stupid. It's not very obvious by the 'author' name. LOL

      Delete
  7. I didn't realize the reason for the slow down in this series and am sorry to hear about the mother's death. I have a review of Nothing Stays Buried scheduled for July. (As much as I love NetGalley, it is frustrating to have to hold reviews until closer to publication.) I was disappointed in The Sixth Idea, too, but Nothing Stays Buried was back in form!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided that since I don't 'official' reviews, I can talk a bit about upcoming books. I suspect I don't give away any more than the blurbs do. I'm reading NOTHING STAYS BURIED right now and so far, so good.

      Delete
  8. That's wonderful that she'll continue writing the series. Hopefully it makes her feel as if she is still closed to her mother. I've only read one book in this series but would be interested in going back to the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've liked the whole series pretty much. The last book was a little weaker, but it had a different type of historical focus.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!