.

.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday - Give Me Your Hand



I'm posting a 'soon to be released' book on Wednesdays.  These will always be books that I am particularly looking forward to.  I'll be linking up to 'Can't-Wait Wednesday' hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and plan to take part in this each week.

The book I'm 'waiting' on this week is by an author that has been nominated for several mystery awards and won a Barry Award for 'Best Paperback Novel' a few years ago.  She writes teenage protagonists very well, in my opinion.  I read her previous book, You Will Know Me, last year.  Have you read any books by Megan Abbott?  This week I'm waiting on:




Publication Date:  July 17th

Kit Owens harbored only modest ambitions for herself when the mysterious Diane Fleming appeared in her high school chemistry class. But Diane's academic brilliance lit a fire in Kit, and the two developed an unlikely friendship. Until Diane shared a secret that changed everything between them.

More than a decade later, Kit thinks she's put Diane behind her forever and she's begun to fulfill the scientific dreams Diane awakened in her. But the past comes roaring back when she discovers that Diane is her competition for a position both women covet, taking part in groundbreaking new research led by their idol. Soon enough, the two former friends find themselves locked in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse that threatens to destroy them both.

28 comments:

  1. These two women sound explosive -- I'm so curious about the ending now, reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds like an intriguing book. I want to know what happens. Great pick this week!

    Mary my Can’t Wait Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A game of cat-and-mouse sounds like it will be a good one for sure! I am certainly curious now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover. I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't crazy about You Will Know Me, but this one sounds good - really intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think your experience is not uncommon with You Will Know Me. It got some mixed reactions.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any books by this author, but this does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover is great!! I haven't read anything by this author but that sounds really good. :)

    My Can't Wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not read anything by Megan Abbott but this one does have an interesting synopsis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this author yet. It sounds good and a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A new Megan Abbott? She's had a book or two I've wanted to read for a while, but I never seem to get to 'em. This one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean about 'wanting to get to them'. Ha!

      Delete
  11. I've enjoyed a few of her books so I'm definitely adding this onto my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll watch for your review if you decide to try it.

      Delete
  12. I'm excited for this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'll also watch for your review, Susan.

      Delete
  13. I love this synopsis! I've never read anything from this author, but I'm intrigued! I'll be looking out for your review come July. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this sounds good! I haven't read Megan Abbott in a while but I have enjoyed a couple of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've read two of her books or maybe three. Anyway, I'm ready to try another.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!