.

.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday - The Night Visitors



I'm posting a 'soon to be released' book on Wednesdays.  These will always be books that I am particularly looking forward to.  I'll be linking up to Tressa's blog at Wishful Endings and plan to take part in this each week.

I've enjoyed several books by the author of this week's book.  The ones I've read are usually set in a wooded region (like upstate New York) and usually have a Gothic type feel.  I like that.  This week I can't wait for:




Publication Date:  March 26th

ALICE gets off a bus in the middle of a snowstorm in Delphi, NY. She is fleeing an abusive relationship and desperate to protect...

OREN, ten years old, a major Star Wars fan and wise beyond his years. Though Alice is wary, Oren bonds nearly instantly with...

MATTIE, a social worker in her fifties who lives in an enormous run-down house in the middle of the woods. Mattie lives alone and is always available, and so she is the person the hotline always calls when they need a late-night pickup. And although according to protocol Mattie should take Alice and Oren to a local shelter, instead she brings them home for the night. She has plenty of room, she says. What she doesn't say is that Oren reminds her of her little brother, who died thirty years ago at the age of ten.

But Mattie isn't the only one withholding elements of the truth. Alice is keeping her own secrets. And as the snowstorm worsens around them, each woman's past will prove itself unburied, stirring up threats both within and without.

33 comments:

  1. I've this one on my to-read list. What I like about her books is the atmospheric/gothic feel and her cast of characters and this one looks like it is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think she definitely has a talent for writing literary suspense.

      Delete
  2. I’m looking forward to reading this one too! I’ve enjoyed all of the books that I’ve read by her so far but I still have a few I need to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read all of them yet either. Since she seems to only write standalones, we can catch up at any time, right?

      Delete
  3. This one sounds really interesting! I like Gothic-type books, so I'll look this one up. Thanks!

    My WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it sounded good to you too, Louise. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I think I featured this one some time ago. I'm always sucked in when I see the word "Gothic."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, that may have been where I saw notice of it. Yes, Gothic gets me too.

      Delete
  5. How have I not heard of this author before now? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol Goodman writes interesting stories, Catherine. I bet you'd like them.

      Delete
  6. I got an e-ARC of this one from Edelweiss. Can't wait to read it! I love Carol Goodman. Aren't you the one who introduced me to her??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have mentioned her a few times, Susan. Or more than a few. Ha!

      Delete
  7. Have to admit Gothic draws me as well. It sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it sounds good to you as well, Laura.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I'm definitely in for this one. So many elements that intrigue me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you are looking forward to this one being published Kay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the way this author tells a story, Cleo.

      Delete
  10. Too scary for me, I think. A "run-down house in the middle of the woods"? No way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, that just seems fun to me. Well, maybe not 'fun', but intriguing. Ha!

      Delete
  11. This sounds like it could get very suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all of this author's books that I've read so far are like that.

      Delete
  12. Carol Goodman's a great author. I'm anxious to read this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised, Lark. We seem to share some of the same tastes, right?

      Delete
  13. I never read anything by this author, but it does sound like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds pretty intense! I think I've only read The Lake of Dead Languages, which as I recall was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read that one last year. It was very early in her writing life.

      Delete
  15. This is one I really want to read too. I have only read books by her under her Juliet Dark name (and I loved those) so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I haven't read any of the Juliet Dark books. I'll have to look for those.

      Delete
  16. I've also enjoyed a lot of Carol Goodman's books so I am putting this one on my radar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!