.

.

Monday, March 23, 2020

To possibly help you take a breath and relax a bit...

I said last weekend that I might be sharing some posts in upcoming days that would be related to themes or lists.  I've decided I might even repost some older things I've already talked about here, with a little editing.  So, this is where I'm starting.  I've used the word BREATHE before for my 'One Word' of the year.  My word for this year was BLOOM and I've shared pictures of flowers.  Here's my thoughts for right now on BREATHE.




The ocean picture above was taken by me at the Oregon Coast in 2010, a trip that showed me how the ocean and the rhythms there were so very soothing to me - the person who always looks to the mountains for solace.  Thinking about BREATHE brings that trip to mind and how I was so mesmerized by watching the waves.  It's a good reminder.

I really like a song entitled 'Breathe' by Jonny Diaz, a contemporary Christian artist.  There are a couple of verses that speak to me very, very strongly:


I’m hanging on tight to another wild day
When it starts to fall apart in my heart I hear you say just

Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at my feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need

Is to take it in, fill your lungs
The peace of God that overcomes
Just breathe (just breathe)
let your weary spirit rest
Lay down what’s good and find what’s best
Just breathe (just breathe)


If you are interested in hearing the song in it's entirety, you can find it on YouTube.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hope you are all maintaining wherever you might be.  Take such good care and get some fresh air and breathe if you're able to.  I'm thinking of everyone and I'll be back in a couple of days with another post about something - who knows what?  Ha!

14 comments:

  1. I am doing okay but there is this layer of angst I can't rid myself of. I hope you are doing well. I think I would be better if everyone was home but my son wasn't able to leave school so he's not here with us which is kind of bugging me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ti, I feel so badly for you that your son is not able to be home. Sigh. At least you can talk to him and I would imagine see him through the phone or computer, right? Yes, that layer of angst - good way to put it. I have to walk it off every single day. My WW goal right now is to just maintain - not tracking, but also not overeating. I actually only bought the stuff we normally eat and few treats. All my walking may end up to my benefit. Ha!

      Yours is one of the blogs I can't comment on, but I'm reading it. I did read MIRACLE CREEK a few months ago and liked it well enough, but like you, it wasn't exactly what I thought it would be.

      Delete
  2. Love that ocean picture and that song. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ocean picture is beautiful and I'm dearly missing the beach right now - though my beach was the Gulf Coast and far less rocky. I'm actually pretty calm in general just a bit stir crazy and my son is a bit stir crazy so is wanting to be entertained more then usual which is making me a little crazy but things could be so much worse so I'm trying to keep perspective! It's been rainy for days so I haven't been able to get outside but I'm thinking I need to get some yoga in my daily schedule just to get the tension out. Good to see you back here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katherine! Yes, I think that gloomy rainy days (which we have as well) are tough right now. Happily, the sun came out yesterday here and it's really, really pretty today. We topped 90 yesterday and will probably do so again today. Makes being outside much better and as long as we stay the safe distance from others, a lot of fun.

      Have you done yoga online? I have not, but I'm thinking about doing that very soon.

      Delete
  4. I love that picture, Kay. And I definitely need some relaxing moments since these past few weeks have been crazy and I'm sure we all feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, really whatever works for each of us is what we should do. I've tried to take a step away from being 'updated' today and actually started a new book on my Kindle. Enjoying it and the sun has also come out - beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for all the soothing pictures and words, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Angela. It's for me as much as others. Ha!

      Delete
  6. I agree with Ti's description, a "layer of angst". I was down a bit this weekend and couldn't concentrate, and having problems sleeping. I do use breathing, especially at night, it is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many of us are calming down a little or it seems so among people I check in with. I did have one night with some really scary nightmares, though I couldn't remember them the next morning. Probably just as well.

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing those lyrics. I really needed to hear them today. Take care, Kay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!