.

.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Hunted on the Fens - Joy Ellis

Hunted on the Fens by Joy Ellis

First Paragraph(s):

DS Joseph Easter's eyes snapped open.  Instantly he was wide awake and experiencing a rush of automatic reactions left over from his years as a special ops soldier.
     His ears strained for sounds that shouldn't be there.  He sniffed the air for unexpected smells and his eyes systematically checked the moonlit bedroom.  When he was certain that he was still alone, he noted the time on his backlit radio alarm and forced himself to relax.  It would appear that old habits died hard.

My Thoughts:

I've really been enjoying this DI Nikki Galena series.  Hunted on the Fens is the 3rd book and it was quite suspenseful.  Nikki has recently suffered a loss and as she returns to work, she has her hands full.  Her team is trying to solve a difficult case, but soon they find themselves targeted individually.  One ends up in the hospital, one has a fire, one has bank accounts emptied, and it seems the perpetrator is not even close to being through with them.  A quick read that kept me engrossed - definitely looking forward to what's next for Nikki Galena, Joseph Easter, and the characters that are becoming familiar and dear. 

Blurb:

DI Nikki Galena faces her toughest challenge yet. Can she save her team and herself from a cruel and determined adversary who will stop at nothing to harm Nikki and her colleagues? First she must work out who wants revenge against her or one of her detectives.  And what is the connection between the series of attacks on the police and the mystery of a woman found dead in a seemingly impregnable locked room?

12 comments:

  1. Ellis' characters do become like friends, and her plots continue to keep my interest! In every series that I follow with enthusiasm, the characters tend to be the determining factor. Ellis manages to have both characters and plots that intrigue me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Joy Ellis is pretty much an undiscovered talent. And I'm loving reading each of these.

      Delete
  2. I acquired the first book in the series after your last review - now all I have to do is find time to read it! I like the kind of series where characters begin to feel like friends...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've quickly gotten involved with the characters. I like them a lot.

      Delete
  3. This series is at the top of my TBR list! All the books in it sound really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed the ones I've read so far.

      Delete
  4. Do I dare put another series on my radar???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, come on - you know you want to! LOL

      Delete
  5. It looks like my library just got the first few books in the series and I'm so excited! It looks fantastic and I don't feel like I've found enough really good solid police procedurals lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it if you get to read the series. I just really like the characters.

      Delete
  6. I need to move up this series on my wait list and just dive in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!