.

.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday - The Hiding Place



I'm posting a 'soon to be released' book on Wednesdays.  These will always be books that I am particularly looking forward to.  I'll be linking up to Tressa's blog at Wishful Endings and plan to take part in this each week.

The book I'm featuring this week is the second by the author.  I read her debut book, The Chalk Man, last year and wrote about it here.  This week, I can't wait for:




Publication Date:  February 5th

Joe never wanted to come back to Arnhill. After the way things ended with his old gang--the betrayal, the suicide, the murder--and after what happened when his sister went missing, the last thing he wanted to do was return to his hometown. But Joe doesn't have a choice. Because judging by what was done to that poor Morton kid, what happened all those years ago to Joe's sister is happening again. And only Joe knows who is really at fault.

Lying his way into a teaching job at his former high school is the easy part. Facing off with former friends who are none too happy to have him back in town--while avoiding the enemies he's made in the years since--is tougher. But the hardest part of all will be returning to that abandoned mine where it all went wrong and his life changed forever, and finally confronting the shocking, horrifying truth about Arnhill, his sister, and himself. Because for Joe, the worst moment of his life wasn't the day his sister went missing.

It was the day she came back.

30 comments:

  1. Yes! I can't wait for this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds good so I hope you love it, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so excited to read this book as well after enjoying The Chalk Man last year! I can’t wait till this one releases!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if this one will have that whole '80's/Stephen King-ish vibe that the first one had. Guess we'll see.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, this sounds great! That last line definitely has me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad you guys noticed that. It caught my eye too.

      Delete
  5. Oooh, this sounds intriguing. I'll have to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested in seeing how she deals with this second book. I liked THE CHALK MAN quite a bit.

      Delete
  6. I vowed to give this author another try so I'm hoping it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you didn't care for THE CHALK MAN. Hope this one works better for you if you get to try it.

      Delete
  7. Definitely sounds interesting between "only Joe knows who is really at fault" and the last line of the synopsis. Adding it to my TBR. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect it will be suspenseful - sounds like it, right?

      Delete
  8. I'm looking forward to reading this one, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have CJ Tudor on my TBR and this one looks so good! I think I need to be on the lookout for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be long until it's out, Katherine.

      Delete
  10. This sounds so suspenseful! Hope you enjoy it, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Chalk Man sounds really familiar- I think I've seen some good reviews of that one. Positive buzz anyway. Coming back and having to face old secrets- sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, THE CHALK MAN was kind of an homage to Stephen King and the '80's or that's how it seemed to me. I'll be curious whether this one feels the same.

      Delete
  12. I really liked The Chalk Man, but The Hiding Place, not so much. I can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well, we'll see how I do with it. I'll let you know...

      Delete
  13. Sounds intriguing. I haven't read the first one. Is this the second in a series? Do you need to read The Chalk Man?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Gayle, these are standalone books. You don't have to read THE CHALK MAN first.

      Delete
  14. I have Chalk Man on my kindle and still haven't gotten around to it! This sounds like another good thriller though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!