.

.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Two books I'm waiting on...The Split by Sharon Bolton and Have You Seen Me? by Kate White

Hello book friends!  Hope you are well and safe.  Today I'm going to mention two books that I'm waiting on and both are scheduled to be released on April 28th.  I've read several books by each of these authors and enjoyed them.  Therefore, these are on my list.  Take a look:




Publish Date:  April 28th

The remote Antarctic island of South Georgia is about to send off its last boat of the summer – which signifies safety to resident glaciologist Felicity Lloyd.

Felicity lives in fear – fear that her ex-husband Freddie will find her, even out here. She took a job on this isolated island to hide from him, but now that he's out of prison, having served a term for murder, she knows he won’t give up until he finds her.

But a doctor delving into the background of Felicity and Freddie's relationship, back in Cambridge, learns that Felicity has been on the edge for a long time. Heading to South Georgia himself to try and get to her first is the only way he can think of to help her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Publication Date:  April 28th

On a cold, rainy morning, finance journalist Ally Linden arrives soaked to the bone at her Manhattan office, only to find that she’s forgotten her keycard. When her boss shows, he’s shocked to see her—because, he explains, she hasn’t worked there in five years.

Ally knows her name, but is having trouble coming up with much beyond that, though after a trip to the psychiatric ER, she begins to piece together important facts: she lives on the Upper West Side; she’s now a freelance journalist; she’s married to a terrific man named Hugh. More memories materialize and yet she still can’t recall anything about the previous two days. Diagnosed as having experienced a dissociative state, she starts to wonder if it may have been triggered by something she saw. Could she have witnessed an accident—or worse—had something happened to her?

Desperate for answers, Ally tries to track where she spent the missing days, but every detail she unearths points to an explanation that’s increasingly ominous, and it’s clear someone wants to prevent her from learning where those forty-eight hours went. In order to uncover the truth, Ally must dig deep into the secrets of her past—and outsmart the person who seems determined to silence her.

23 comments:

  1. Have You Seen Me? sounds fantastic! Hope you love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely interested in both of them, Angela.

      Delete
  2. Ooh...a new book by Sharon Bolton! I love her books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just started The Split! I think I know where it's going, but not sure. Have You Seen Me sounds really good, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll have to watch for your thoughts, Jenclair.

      Delete
  4. I was surprised and thrilled to get a finished copy of THE SPLIT from the publisher. I enjoyed the book a lot, too. It's a little bit different from Bolton's others. I'm happy to send it to you after I've reviewed it if you want it. Just let me know.

    I hadn't heard of HAVE YOU SEEN ME?, but the premise sounds interesting. I've read several books lately about amnesia/memory loss and I always find them intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer to send The Split, Susan, but I've already preordered it for my Kindle. Yes, I think the setting alone sets this one up as different.

      Delete
  5. As soon as I finish a fantastic book set in Spain, I'll be starting Bolton's THE SPLIT. I can't wait because I really enjoy her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. I'll get to hear what you think about it too.

      Delete
  6. Both sound good; I've read Kate White previously but, not this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read all that many books by Kate White - maybe 2 or so, but this one sounds interesting to me.

      Delete
  7. I suddenly figured out how to comment again! Anyway, when I read the review to this one, I thought I was reading the review for another one you are planning to read, which I won't mention so as not to be spoilery, but you will see. Anyway, I also got Jane Casey's book after your review, and loved it of course. I love her writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, glad you're able to comment again. I've struggled with commenting on Wordpress blogs like yours, but finally got it worked out. Good to hear that you liked the Jane Casey book.

      Delete
  8. I've ordered The Split and I can't wait for its arrival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody, I'll watch for what you think about it.

      Delete
  9. For some reason I was convinced I didn't like Karen White but looking back I don't think I've ever read anything by her so I have no idea where that comes from. The blurbs sound amazing and this one looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, it's Kate White not Karen White (who is also an author). Not sure which you're thinking about, but the ones I've read by Kate White were good.

      Delete
  10. I'm a fan of Sharon Bolton's books so it's a no-brainer that one is going on my list. I'm not too familiar with Karen White's but I like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one will be a little different for Sharon Bolton. Different setting for sure.

      Delete
  11. Oh Have You Seen Me sounds really, really good. I haven't read either of these authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Bolton's books and have only read a couple of White's.

      Delete
  12. I snagged The Split from NetGalley because I am so intrigued by the Antarctic island location. I'm hoping to dive in soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure hope you enjoy it. The setting was a big draw for me.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!