.

.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday - The Craftsman



I'm posting a 'soon to be released' book on Wednesdays.  These will always be books that I am particularly looking forward to.  I'll be linking up to 'Can't-Wait Wednesday' hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and plan to take part in this each week.

I've read many of this author's books over the years and enjoyed them.  I haven't yet read her last couple of standalone tales, but plan to.  This week's book has already been published 'across the pond', so it's possible (and probable) you'll see a review here before October.  I've already ordered my copy and it's arrived.  However, the US publication is not until the fall and so this week, I'm waiting on:




Publication Date:  October 16th

Florence Lovelady's career was made when she convicted coffin-maker Larry Grassbrook of a series of child murders 30 years ago in a small village in Lancashire. Like something out of a nightmare, the victims were buried alive Florence was able to solve the mystery and get a confession out of Larry before more children were murdered.

But now, decades later, he's dead, and events from the past start to repeat themselves. Is someone copying the original murders? Or did she get it wrong all those years ago? When her own son goes missing under similar circumstances, the case not only gets reopened... it gets personal.

26 comments:

  1. Now I love a good mystery and this one sounds like it will be! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon Bolton has a me hooked. Even though she seems to have completed her Lacey Flint series, which I loved.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It does to me - though it might be a little dark for some.

      Delete
  3. This sounds creepy--and because of the author, I'll be waiting for this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think once most people read her books, they are hooked.

      Delete
  4. This one is on my to-read list. I love all her books so I'm looking forward to reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been behind on getting to her newer books, the standalones. I need to catch up on them - starting here. LOL

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a good, but disturbing mystery. Looking forward to your review later this year.

    I'm also looking forward to next week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this author does write dark books. I like them, but not for everyone. And, yes, next week!!!

      Delete
  6. ahh, another mystery thriller to look forward to. I'll be looking out for your :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have another mystery/thriller in my stack. My stack is mostly crime novels. LOL

      Delete
  7. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this one. It's a little different from her other books -- more Gothic, with even a twinge of supernatural. I'm a big Bolton fan, but I haven't liked her last couple novels as much as I have her earlier books. This is an exception. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gothic is good. I love Gothic. And that would be different for her. I bet I'm going to like it very much.

      Delete
    2. I can send you the ARC if you'd like. After I review it, it's all yours ...

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Susan, but I ordered it from Book Depository and I've already received it. It's on my shelf just waiting for me. Well, it's yelling at me. LOL

      Delete
  8. Oh, I like the sounds of this one. I love Gothic books and this one sounds like it will fit that bill. However, I hate it when books are always available overseas and not in the US yet - I don't have the best patience. Although I don't know why it matters, I have plenty of other things to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it happens and sometimes I just can't wait and order anyway. Of course none of us will run out of books will we? Ha!

      Delete
  9. I love Sharon Bolton too but haven't got my hands on this one yet. I've seen a few glowing reviews though, so I hope it lives up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I'm looking forward to reading it.

      Delete
  10. This sounds like a really good mystery! Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this sounds like it'll be intense and emotional. I hope you love it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a nailbiter! I was completely in until I saw the part about her son going missing and now I'm a little nervous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!