.

.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday - The Other Wife



I'm posting a 'soon to be released' book on Wednesdays.  These will always be books that I am particularly looking forward to.  I'll be linking up to 'Can't-Wait Wednesday' hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and plan to take part in this each week.

I've read several books in the series featuring clinical psychologist Joe O'Loughlin.  He has major health problems, but he also solves crimes.  I'm really excited about the 9th book in this series - a story that is very personal to Joe.  This week, I'm waiting on:




Publication Date:  June 26th

Childhood sweethearts William and Mary have been married for sixty years. William is a celebrated surgeon, Mary a devoted wife. Both have a strong sense of right and wrong.

This is what their son, Joe O'Loughlin, has always believed. But when Joe is summoned to the hospital with news that his father has been brutally attacked, his world is turned upside down. Who is the strange woman crying at William's bedside, covered in his blood - a friend, a mistress, a fantasist or a killer?

Against the advice of the police, Joe launches his own investigation. As he learns more, he discovers sides to his father he never knew - and is forcibly reminded that the truth comes at a price.

36 comments:

  1. Now I am curious as to who the woman! Sounds like a fantastic read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes sounds like he's been keeping secrets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope so. I've really liked others in this series.

      Delete
  4. Yep. A really good choice!

    Here's mine for today: http://bit.ly/2M1RzBm

    Luv Sass x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're familiar with the series. Hope this one is really good.

      Delete
  5. Sounds great! I don't know how I missed this series. There's a remedy for that--I just placed the first book (The Suspect) on hold at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this is a great series, Catherine. The protagonist has Parkinson's and so he has challenges, but I like how he thinks.

      Delete
  6. Michael Robotham is another of my can't miss authors. Enjoy the heck out of everything he writes. After the heartbreak of Close Your Eyes I can't wait to see how Joe is getting on. And his relationship with his father has always been a bit strained so looking forward to where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm eagerly awaiting this one, too. The background of this relationship makes me so curious! Love the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both loving the series, Jenclair!

      Delete
  8. Sounds good and the cover really draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an excellent series by a talented author.

      Delete
  9. This sounds great. I'm super curious about who that woman is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm looking forward to finding out.

      Delete
  10. Another series I haven't come across! I need this one too. You are not good for my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my mission in life to make everyone else's TBR as big as mine. LOL

      Delete
  11. I haven't heard of this series before, but it sounds like one I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this sounds really good. I feel like I've read something by this author but I didn't think it was part of a series. I'll have to go check my shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably have. He's Australian and he has written some standalones as well.

      Delete
  13. Glad to know Robotham has a new one coming out! I love his Joe O'Loughlin series. In fact, Joe's one of my favorite characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Lark. Joe certainly has challenges, but he's a good thinker and solver.

      Delete
  14. I haven't read anything by this author, although I have been interested. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This series is new to me, but it sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds really good. The series is a new one to me, but I have at least heard of this author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good series and has been around for a bit. The protagonist has Parkinson's and so that complicates his life a bit or more than a bit.

      Delete
  17. I've read a few of Michael Robotham's books and enjoyed them. I have at least one on my TBR pile still to read. This one sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like his books with this protagonist.

      Delete
  18. I checked out the first book in this series a number of months ago, but I didn't get around to reading it before it came due. Sounds like a re-check out is needed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!