.

.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday - Into the Night



I'm posting a 'soon to be released' book on Wednesdays.  These will always be books that I am particularly looking forward to.  I'll be linking up to 'Can't-Wait Wednesday' hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and plan to take part in this each week.

The book I'm waiting on this week is the second book by the author.  I read her debut novel, The Dark Lake, earlier this year and liked it for the most part.  I certainly liked it enough to check out this one, #2 in the Gemma Woodstock series.  This week, I'm waiting on:



Publication Date:  December 4th

With murders of the Melbourne's elite on the rise, Gemma Woodstock reveals a shocking secret at the center of a tight-knit group's rise to power.

Troubled and brilliant, Detective Sergeant Gemma Woodstock finds herself lost and alone after a recent move to Melbourne, broken-hearted by the decisions she's had to make. Her new workplace is a minefield and the partner she has been assigned is uncommunicative and often hostile. When a homeless man is murdered and Gemma is put on the case, she can't help feeling a connection with the victim and the lonely and isolated life he led despite being in the middle of a bustling city.

Then a movie star is killed in bizarre circumstances on the set of a major film shoot, and Gemma and her partner Detective Sergeant Nick Fleet have to put aside their differences to unravel the mysteries surrounding the actor's life and death. Who could commit such a brazen crime and who stands to profit from it? Far too many people, and none of them can be trusted.

22 comments:

  1. I think I remember seeing The Dark Lake around. Sounds like a good detective story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad the author is continuing with this character.

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting and it's a great time of year for tales like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a good time of year for them - well, any time of year is good for them in my world. LOL

      Delete
  3. This sounds wonderful! I had seen great reviews of The Dark Lake, and I’m definitely interested in this one, too.

    https://jennifertarheelreader.com/2018/09/26/i-cant-wait-for-cant-wait-wednesday-waiting-on-wednesday-cantwaitwednesday-camillalway-berkleypub-tarheelreader-thelieswetold/



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like The Dark Lake. This will be a change of city for the protagonist. More to learn about Australia.

      Delete
  4. I liked The Dark Lake and the very complicated Gemma! All in for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad this author is continuing Gemma's story.

      Delete
  5. I like the sound of this one...I'm going to take a look at this author's other work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dark Lake was good, Catherine. You might try it first.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a big fan of this style of book but I'll be passing this one onto my mum for she loves them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear, Nicci! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  7. This one is new to me, but I hope you continue to enjoy this series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds good! I haven't heard of this series (or if I have I don't remember it!) but I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this is only book #2. Nice to get in at the beginning, right?

      Delete
  9. This sounds really good, Kay. I love the setting. I would like to read this one (and the first book) too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! Yes, it's nice to get in on the early stages of a series.

      Delete
  10. THE DARK LAKE is on my TBR pile, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. The series definitely sounds like one I'd like. I just have to find the time to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you for sure. I'm thinking of changing my focus a bit to revisit some series I've enjoyed in the past and some older books. The new and shiny are great, but sometimes it's good to 'change it up'.

      Delete
  11. It seems like her first book got a lot of buzz so hopefully the series keeps getting better. I know I have it on my list to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the first one did get a lot of notice. I'm hopeful about this one.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!