.

.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday - Silver Anniversary Murder



I'm posting a 'soon to be released' book on Wednesdays.  These will always be books that I am particularly looking forward to.  I'll be linking up to 'Can't-Wait Wednesday' hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings and plan to take part in this each week.

The author I'm featuring this week, Leslie Meier, is someone whose books I've been reading for a really long time - since the early 1990's.  This week's book is the 25th in her Lucy Stone series and it has an appropriately 25th-ish title.  I met Leslie at the Malice Domestic mystery convention last year and talked about that experience here.  I told her that her first book, Mistletoe Murder, was on my 'comfort' list and that I'd read it several times because it always made me feel good.  She was very kind and thanked me for telling her.  This week I'm waiting on:




Publication Date:  September 25th

Much has happened since Leslie Meier first introduced her beloved sleuth Lucy Stone with Mistletoe Murder. Many holidays and bake sales have come and gone, Lucy’s children have all grown up. But even after twenty-four books into the bestselling series, murder is never out of the picture . . .

As Tinker’s Cove, Maine, buzzes over a town-wide silver wedding anniversary bash, Lucy is reminded of her nuptials and ponders the whereabouts of Beth Gerard, her strong-willed maid of honor. Lucy never would have made it down the aisle without Beth’s help, and although the two friends lost touch over the years, she decides to reach out. It only takes one phone call for Lucy to realize that a reunion will happen sooner than later—at Beth’s funeral.

Beth, who was in the process of finalizing her fourth divorce, had a reputation for living on the edge—but no one can believe she would jump off a penthouse terrace in New York City. The more Lucy learns about Beth’s former husbands, the more she suspects one of them committed murder. 

Summoning her friend’s impulsive spirit, Lucy vows to scour New York from the Bronx to the Brooklyn Bridge in search of the killer. With each ex dodgier than the last, it’s not long before Lucy’s investigation leads her to a desperate criminal who will do anything to get away—even if it means silencing another victim . . .  

24 comments:

  1. I have never tired this author - sad I know.This sounds like a lighter mystery, I hope you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, her books are a bit lighter, but still very much mysteries.

      Delete
  2. You don't have long to wait for this book so I hope you get a chance to read it, Kay. Sounds like a fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, LOVE This cover! This sounds good. I will have to add this one to my TBR! Great pick!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute? She's had a lot of holiday themed titles as well.

      Delete
  4. It's always exciting when a new book in a series you love is on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. It is fun to see one and think 'yay!'.

      Delete
  5. 24 books - now that's a series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed. There's a family in this one and so over the course of the books, the kids grow up, etc.

      Delete
  6. It is wonderful to follow a series for years and still be excited about the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, probably not that many that fall into this category with me, but this one does.

      Delete
  7. I've never read these but if I'm not mistaken she always has distinctive covers on her books, doesn't she? Seems like I always notice then when I'm browsing the mystery section!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do have distinctive covers and a lot of them use holidays in the titles.

      Delete
  8. It's always great when you can find a series that you can always rely on for a good read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've followed these characters for a long, long time.

      Delete
  9. I love that cake topper! LOL This sounds like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cute cake topper, isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if a 'real' one like it exists.

      Delete
  10. I'm not sure if I've read on of her books or not? I did go through a major cozy phase a long time ago and I think I should reconnect with some of those fun reads. This series would be a good one to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice series about a family in Maine. A little bit of the Cabot Cove thing going on, but I think we have to overlook that sort of thing if we want to read an ongoing series.

      Delete
  11. I've read almost all of the books. Although I didn't think they were great, they were pleasant, and it was nice to read about the changes in the main characters' lives. As I remember it, there were some inconsistencies in details like maybe the kids' ages. I went back to see what I wrote: "I do get annoyed at her un-thinking risks. Any reader can tell when something dangerous is aimed at her, and she tends to slough it off, even when a family member is in peril. The writing is snappy and the books quick to read." On another book I wrote: "The second child Elizabeth comes off badly in each mystery it seems. The reader wonders if perhaps Meier is basing her on her own daughter. If so, it isn't a complimentary comparison. She is always portrayed as complaining or criticizing and not eating much." And in another note: " Right off in the book, the husband makes a snide comment. The reader senses after all these books, that the marriage is still not a good one. It gets tiresome reading about it." But after reading many of them, I still said: "Even though I get annoyed sometimes, clearly I enjoy these books." Probably way more info than you wanted or needed (ha!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had forgotten that you read these books too. I agree that they are not mysteries that are terribly complicated or intense, but they are fun. I do remember that about the oldest daughter. Ha!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!